The state pays half of it – subsidies of up to 16.500, – Euros for SMEs in Germany
The digital transformation affects all industries and business areas. However, a variety of funding programs offer practical advice to small and medium-sized companies, and in some cases also concrete support for the implementation of projects, in order for them to keep pace with technological and social developments in the area of digitization of everyday business and the increasing need for security in digital networking.
All small and medium-sized companies based in Germany should be given the opportunity to expand their range of products and/or services and their business processes significantly in order to be able to hold their own against the competition in the long term.
The legislature provides companies with numerous subsidies from either federal and/or state funds. In many cases, these grants do not have to be paid back and are therefore an attractive financing instrument, especially for small and medium-sized companies.
What can be funded?
The subject of the funding can vary greatly depending on the funding program. go.digital names the following practical examples:
- Digital task management
- Home office in the logistics sector
- Information security as a tool of competitive advantage
- Secure networking in the advertising industry
- Social media marketing to generate more visibility
As part of the Digital Bonus Hesse program, we have implemented the following projects, among others:
- Setting up of a secure backup system and protection against ransomware
- Implementing a central device management
Who can be funded?
Rule of thumb: First get the approval, then the implementation.
You have a good chance of receiving the funding if your company or group of companies has fewer than 250 employees and your annual turnover is less than €50 million. The funding is eligible for commercial companies based in Germany, or those which are based in the respective federal states. A regional business location may also be sufficient.
Examples of funding programs are:
- Max. 100 employees, max. 20 million Euros annual turnover
- Maximum funding of 16.500 Euros as a subsidy for a 33.000 Euros project.
Digital Bonus Hesse
- Max. 250 employees, with a balance sheet total of < 48 million euros, company headquarters in Hesse
- Maximum funding of 19.000 Euros as a subsidy for a 20.000 Euros project.
Digital Funding NRW / MID Invest
- Max. 250 employees, with a balance sheet total of < 43 million Euros, company headquarters/business premises in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Subsidies of at least 3.000 Euros for micro-enterprises and at least 4.000 Euros for small and medium-sized enterprises; maximum funding amount of 25.000 Euros each
We support you during the selection and application process
Are you a small or medium-sized commercial or craft company and want to digitize your processes? Would you like to benefit from state funding, but shy away from the formal effort?
Among other things, we are one of the authorized consulting companies in the go-digital funding program of the BMWI.
We help you during the selection process of the funding program to find the one which is right for you and create your individual digitization plan with you. In order to relieve you in regards to the bureaucratic tasks, we, as an authorized consulting company, see to the application process for funding if this is permitted by the respective funding program. In programs for which you have to apply yourself, we accompany you during the entire process and help you to complete the appropriate plans, application forms and formalities. Of course, we also take care of the billing and the required proof of use.
Make an appointment with us for a free initial consultation, in which we will discuss your specific requirements and introduce you to the various options.